Enjoy our delicious Caramel & Mustard Chicken Skewers
- 20g Werther’s Original Butter Candies, ground in a high powered food processor
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 100g greek yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 red onions, peeled, quartered and separated
Add the mustard, yogurt, garlic, salt, crushed Werther’s Original Butter Candies and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine, then stir through the chicken pieces until thoroughly coated. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
To assemble the skewers, alternately thread the chicken, pepper and onion until you reach the end of the stick. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 30 mins before heating to prevent burning.
Heat the grill, then place the skewers on a foil-lined baking tray and grill for about 20 mins or until cooked, turning halfway through. Serve with flatbreads, yogurt, pickles, chilli flakes and fresh herbs.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes (plus marinating time)